Q-Track now enables precise real-time measurement of magnetic field strength around transmit antennas, arrays, and other radio-frequency systems. The QT-559 Remote-Reading Field Strength Meter measures all magnetic field components simultaneous for unparalleled speed and accuracy in evaluating the behavior of AM-band antennas and other low-frequency transmission systems from Very Low Frequency (VLF) up to High-Frequency (HF) (3 kHz – 30 MHz).
Q-Track’s RF fingerprinting software application enables detailed surface plots of signal strength throughout tower sites, allowing for detailed diagnostics of antenna performance. Built-in GPS allows signal strength and location to be correlated automatically, or for even greater precision, a user may place the QT-559 Field Strength Meter at known locations throughout the area and designate the true location through the application GUI. The software automatically interpolates between the measurement points to create a comprehensive signal strength map. The surface plot below shows a customer tower site with data points taken on a 30-foot-grid. Maps may be extended through a transmitter site, or the entire surrounding coverage area.
The QT-559 Field Strength Meter can also provide real-time readout of signal strength allowing quick assessment of the impact of changes in tuning or antenna configuration.
The QT-559 Field Strength Meter comes in a complete system including tripods, charger, batteries, wireless router, and laptop with software.
- Locate and diagnose tower site performance issues,
- Evaluate signal behavior at a transmit site or throughout the coverage area, and
- Monitor antenna performance in real-time, or log data to assess long-term trends.
- Real-time, 3-axis magnetic field strength measurement,
- RF surface mapping,
- Long term data capture and logging, and
- Real-time signal strength and range versus power readout.
- Frequency Range: custom range(s) within 3 kHz – 30 MHz by request
- Bandwidth: 350 Hz
- Dynamic Range: 85dB
- Power Sensitivity: ~-135 dBm (usually ambient noise limited)
- Field Sensitivity: custom range(s) from ~1 uV/m to 500 V/m by request
- Monitor Up to 84 frequency channels at 80 updates per second.
- Data Link: onboard WiFi (802.11n) standard. Ethernet and cell phone modem options available.
- Power: Battery, AC (120 V or 220V), and UPS/AC configurations available.
- Dimensions: 8.5” x 10.5” x 7.3”
- Polycarbonate Enclosure Construction
- Ingress Protection: Meets IP-55 standard. Upgrade to IP 66 available with appropriate waterproof/dust-proof connectors
- Temperature Range: 0 C to 50 C
- Battery Option: Li-Ion Battery (8 hr lifetime) and Charger Available
- UPS Option: 8 hour lifetime or greater
- Portable or fixed installation options available
Contact Q-Track to learn how we can solve your RF diagnostic problems.